On Mar 22, 2019, at 18:35, Paul Vixie <p...@redbarn.org> wrote:

all statements made to date by the india and united kingdom governments
have indicated that their plans to support in-country RDNS will not be
mandatory, just as canada's (operated by CIRA) is not mandatory.
Others here can speak more authoritatively than me, e.g. because they work
for CIRA and I don't, but as far as I know the recursive DNS service that
CIRA runs is a commercial product that they sell.

https://cira.ca/cybersecurity/firewall

While I am aware CIRA has taken steps to educate people about the privacy
implications of sending traffic across the border, and no doubt follow
their own advice in the way they build and operate their own
infrastructure, I don't believe this product is related to any kind of
government aspiration to constrain or encourage resolver traffic to stay
local.

Joe