Paul Vixie writes:
> i would withdraw that objection if this draft incorporates section 2 of
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vixie-dnsext-resimprove-00, to wit:

I always liked resimprove.  Warren and I were talking about it, and if
you would like we'd be quite happy to pick it up and get it moving in
dnsop.

This document already has text, however, for refreshing the delegation
and I don't believe it really needs to much detail as to what that
means.  "Delegation Revalidation Upon NS RRset Expiry" is an issue
orthogonal to serve-stale, and in fact most often applies when
serve-stale isn't even being triggered; it's a regular occurrence
under normal operations.  Ballooning the standards action section here
to nearly three times its existing size is unnecessary bloat.

Please let us know if you'd like us to take up the charge for
resimprove.