On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 10:32 AM zuop...@cnnic.cn <zuop...@cnnic.cn> wrote:

> configure several CNAME records to use multi-CDN service is also  widely used
> in industry, though this is not allowed by DNS standards.
> shall we support this on protocal level? like defining new CNAMEx  record
> which contains "weight" attribute.

I believe this is typically done at higher level. This higher level
often supports serving different responses based on geographical
location, latency etc.This information is derived from the IP prefix
using EDNS and by using anycast IP addresses etc.

I don't think any of this should be at the rr level. I do agree that
the higher level configuration language would be neat to standardize
but it's out of scope of this draft.