On Thursday, 25 July 2019 05:44:50 UTC Evan Hunt wrote:

> But, it's Mostly Harmless.  The implementation cost can be zero if you want
> it to be; it's just a server configuration.  At worst, it's a waste of the
> time that's been spent talking about it (with the zone transfer code that
> fell out of it turning the effort to a net positive, I hope).

the presence of the logic; the capability itself, has a complexity cost,
imposed by hooks in
the surrounding code. if used, the cost rises.

bert has argued pretty cogently about the dns camel. i won't repeat any of that
here,
except, you can correctly treat complexity as mass we all carry.

see also:

https://daverupert.com/2018/09/if-statements-should-cost-10000/[1]

--
Paul