DNSOP WG,

Paul Vixie and I submitted draft-ietf-dnsop-avoid-fragmentation-00.
Please review it.

> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-avoid-fragmentation-00

I may have some mistakes, I could not find links to show differences
from draft-fujiwara-dnsop-avoid-fragmentation-03.
Please see differences from this URL.

https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-fujiwara-dnsop-avoid-fragmentation-03.txt&url2=https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-dnsop-avoid-fragmentation-00.txt

Differences from -03 to 00 are
  Added "DNSSEC is a countermeasure .." in Intro.
  Removed 7.2 DNS packet size.
  Moved details of Minimal-responses to appendix B
  Added reference to draft-ietf-tsvwg-datagram-plpmtud

And more, we would like to make some changes in -01.

  * Adding new text in abstract.

    "EDNS0 enables a DNS server to send large responses using UDP
     and is widely deployed."

  * Change text related to TCP in Introduction because TCP changes MSS
    value to avoid IP fragmentation under ICMP NEEDFRAG attacks.

    OLD
      By comparison, TCP is considered resistant against IP
      fragmentation attacks because TCP has a 32-bit sequence number
      and 32-bit acknowledgment number in each segment.

    NEW
      By comparison, TCP protocol stack controls packet size and
      avoid IP fragmentation under ICMP NEEDFRAG attacks.

  In TCP, fragmentation should be avoided for performance reasons, whereas for
  UDP, fragmentation should be avoided for resiliency and authenticity reasons.

  * I would like to use "in-domain" (defined in RFC 8499)

    OLD: and in-zone and below-zone glue in the additional data section.
    NEW: and in-domain (in-zone and below-zone) glue in the additional data
section.

Regards,

--
Kazunori Fujiwara, JPRS <fujiw...@jprs.co.jp>