On Fri, 7 Aug 2020, Evan Hunt wrote:

As I said earlier, I think "primary" and "seconary" are well-enough
understood concepts now that we can describe roles in a particular
transaction with phrases like "acting as a primary" or "acting as a
secondary" and get the point across without much difficulty.

I agree.

that's not acceptable, then maybe "transfer provider" and "transfer
recipient"?

That would require a new learning curve and in addition would be only
describing 1 aspect of a primary server. It might work when you are
talking about XFR, but would be very confusing otherwise.

Paul