During the IETF108 meeting, it was brought up by the chairs that we have
been talking to the authors of RFC8499 on updating the document.  We
propose these steps:

- Update some of the current language in the existing RFC8499

- Add new terms draft-ietf-dnsop-terminology-ter on which the WG agrees

- Reach consensus and be ready for the Working Group Last Call in the
IETF109 timeframe.

This starts a Call for Adoption for RFC8499-bis

Current text is https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8499 and the current
terminology additions are
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-terminology-ter-02

Please review this draft to see if you think it is suitable for adoption by
DNSOP, and comments to the list, clearly stating your view.

Please also indicate if you are willing to contribute text, review, etc.

This call for adoption ends: 9 October 2020

Thanks,

tim wicinski

DNSOP co-chair