> From: Bob Harold <rharo...@umich.edu>
> If an attacker is spoofing responses, it seems that they could send a
> different NS and A record, and a new calculated DS hash.  So this provides
> no protection against spoofing?
>
> We would need instead (or in addition) an RRSIG record to actually protect
> this.

Thanks for reading the draft.

I'm assuming that DiS RR is treated as the DS RR, so if the parent
side is signed, DS (+DiS) RRSet will be signed.

> An example would help.

Yes. I will add examples in next version.

example.com.    IN NS ns.example.com.
ns.example.com. IN A 2001:dc8::53
example.com.    IN DS 12345 8 2 (hash of DNSKEY RR)
example.com.    IN DS 00000 0 100 (hash of (example.com IN NS | ns.example.com
IN AAAA))
example.com.    IN RRSIG DS (signature of DS RRSet (2 DSes))

DNSSEC signer may generate DiS RR and signature of DS RRSet (including DiS RR).

--
Kazunori Fujiwara, JPRS <fujiw...@jprs.co.jp>