Thanks both,

So, I seem to gather that the main problem is to put forward Geolocation as
a way to return pseudo-targeted answers to end-users by using the resolver
IP as a proxy for it. This was more meant to be a use-case as to how geo
location has been used, but It is by no means my intent to push this as a
recommended solution. I am happy to drop this or rephrase.

I do believe that Geo can have other useful properties as Brian has
highlighted, even more so in an infrastructure that heavily relies on
anycast. I suppose in most cases one could find other approaches to get
that information whether the traffic coming from a given network is
legitimate, but in many cases, this will involve having access/knowledge to
the full stack (routing tables, peering links, AS paths...) which may not
be readily available to the ones operating DNS. Likely geo is not a perfect
proxy, but it does provide high enough signal that one can leverage.

Manu