On Dec 10, 2020, at 19:25, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoff...@icann.org> wrote:

> In DPRIVE, there is a desire to TLSA records to authenticate authoritative
> servers. In order to do that without getting into a chicken-and-egg loop, the
> parent needs to authenticate the NS records of the child authoritative server.

I haven't been following dprive recently. Is there a particular document that
expresses the problem statement above in more detail?

"Authenticate authoritative servers" is a bit vague for me. Parent and child
are namespace concepts and not relying parties that you'd ordinarily expect to
be able to authenticate anything.

Joe