> On 8 Jul 2021, at 10:28 am, Petr Špaček <pspa...@isc.org> wrote:
>
> With my implementer hat on, I say "no", I don't see a compelling reason to
> "mandate" it. Keep it at MAY/optional level and leave it to implementers to
> decide what's best for their implementation and use-cases.

Just wanted to check what you mean by *mandate*, I don't quite see
RECOMMENDED as a mandate, my understanding is that SHOULD/RECOMMENDED
means "do this unless you have good reason to do otherwise".  So there
is certainly enough rope to ignore the advice.

How would you strongly suggest that stopping qname minimisation at the
first special-use label is probably a good idea, more strongly than just
mentioning as a possible optional optimisation?

--
        Viktor.