As a point of information, All the parent zones (the /8 and /12 RIR
delegations in in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa) are now signed. Or should
be. it is possible a couple of stand-out /8 holdings aren't but thats
resolvable at some pain.

The problem would be that for CDN hosting instances of DNS, the uplift
of the credentials for a specific NS instance "inside" any given
sub-delegation demands that parent space itself be signed, and that
they offer some mechanism to allow NS instances to associate their
info with the record.

Its the classic "how do I make sure my registrar follows spec and
supports this" but instead of being about gTLD and ccTLD its moved
into the un-regulated in-addr and ip6 .arpa subspaces, where the
registrar in question is an address delegate.

Outside of the people who already have mechanisms to do things (the
gTLD and ccTLD and the big players and historically vested ISPs and
tier-1s) I hazard that few DNS lie in self managed integral address
ranges, and most DNS lies in managed, rented, sub-allocated address
space.

-George