On Aug 16, 2022, at 16:15, Schanzenbach, Martin <mschanzenb...@posteo.de> wrote:

> And this is why there must be a registration policy and process.

If that's really where this conversation has landed, then perhaps it's worth
pointing out again that a variety of such registration policies and processes
already exist, as do well-exercised policies and processes for changing the
policies and processes when it is decided that change is needed.

We developed all those existing policies and processes in an organisation that
is well-staffed, well-funded and that has considerably more engagement from a
much more diverse set of interests than we do in dnsop (but a set that includes
us, too). Tell me again why we are talking about this here?

Doesn't it make better engineering sense to say "namespace issues that way" and
for dnsop to concentrate on dns operations?

Joe