Von: dns-privacy <dns-privacy-boun...@ietf.org> Im Auftrag von Vladimír Cunát
Gesendet: Freitag, 9. September 2022 18:11
An: Ben Schwartz <bem...@google.com>
Cc: c...@ietf.org; DNS Privacy Working Group <dns-priv...@ietf.org>; dnsop
<dnsop@ietf.org>; Jaime Jiménez <ja...@iki.fi>
Betreff: Re: [dns-privacy] [DNSOP] [core] WGA call for
draft-lenders-dns-over-coap

On 06/09/2022 17.06, Ben Schwartz wrote:
The choice of transport is independent of the DNS server's answering behavior,
which must not be modified by the transport.

Nit: there's a very specific counter-example of EDNS padding which is meant to
be added depending on transport encryption.
https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7830#section-6

There might be some others (in future, too), as encryption does change some
considerations, but yes - not basic stuff like following CNAMEs.

--Vladimir | knot-resolver.cz