Hi Michael, Chairs,

On 2/17/23 14:10, Michael Bauland wrote:
we've recently implemented the DNSSEC bootstrapping as defined in this draft in
our registry system TANGO as well as in the CORE registry system.

I just realised that the draft is going to expire tomorrow. What are the next
steps? Will the draft be advanced? Will there be an extension?

Yes, we realized that, too.

The authors have no update since August when the current revision was uploaded.
The change log is very small [1], and the authors are not aware of any
outstanding issues.

On the occasion of emailing the chairs in October (in an unrelated matter about
IETF 115), I also had asked about the status of the bootstrapping draft, and
was told that it is ready for WGLC and will be added to the queue (@chairs: I'm
referring to my Oct 19 email).

It's always possible there is a process hiccup (which is fine!); so I sent
another (informal) inquiry a few weeks back and was told that the draft will be
followed-up upon.

I am not sure whether draft expiry impacts the WG document handling process in
any way. Regardless, I had thought that the WG would generally process adopted
drafts within their expiration window (which is why a process hiccup had come
to my mind). I'm not sure if there is some policy about this or not.

Anyway, I will use your announcement to submit a new revision with your
implementation added to the Implementations section and prevent expiry.

The authors would appreciate if the chairs could give a quick statement
regarding the situation of the draft (and, for my education, whether draft
expiration would have had side-effects on the process).

Thanks,
Peter

[1]: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dnsop/MSjCgeLSqgsx8pr9edEaDrqPyis/

--