On 19/06/2023 17.00, Masataka Ohta wrote:
I can't see any problem with "lame" delegation than a "secondary"
or "slave" server, because of the history of racial discrimination
in US.

Honestly, I'm personally still failing understand the problem of using slightly offending word when referring to a machine (e.g. "slave" or "lame").

I'll try to keep myself very short, also trying to avoid posting followup reactions.  But perhaps some of you could point me to a reference that might help me understand better, as this is recurring in the recent years (also outside DNS).

Of course I respect that if a *significant* fraction of people does see a problem, I can also move on to another set of terms, but I feel like I'm missing substance and often the renames come with nontrivial costs.  Why would a person take offense when those words are *clearly* about a machine?  In reality we treat these machines worse than human slaves were treated.

--Vladimir