On 6/20/23 17:51, Paul Wouters wrote:
   parent.   IN NOTIFY CDS   scheme port scanner.parent.

Why a new RRtype ?
Why more stuff in the APEX?
Why not:

     _notify_cds.parent. IN CNAME targetservice.parent.
     targetservice.parent. IN A .....
     targetservice.parent. IN AAAA .....

Personally, I'm fine with simplifying to your approach; I would only add the
child label prefix to allow for per-child flexibility (and if you don't need
that, just set a wildcard).

The authors' thinking was that a new record type would allow both specifying
the port and a scheme field, anticipating that people might appreciate
flexibility for future mechanisms and stir discussion about that. But if it's
not needed -- the simpler the better!

Peter

--
https://desec.io/