Hi Mark,

On 6/13/23 16:43, Mark Elkins wrote:
There are registries doing CDS scanning now, and registrars testing
it. I agree that the flow back to the registrar if the registry does
it is ugly so registrar is better where possible. We'll probably end
up with both since some registrars aren't up to it.
[...]

My thoughts on this as in how to decide who does what, is...

in EPP, there is a section that I've coded to look like...

The usual drop downs are Yes/No and may require a reason

Create a new action, "DS Managed by", give it three options....
Y=the registrY should manage the CDS scanning (Polling whatever)
R=the registraR should manage...
N=Implicit management by the Registrar.
This would be a change / an extension to the EPP protocol, correct?

If so, there's probably not much DNSOP can do about it, but if I'm not
mistaken, the REGEXT WG is chartered to address such things.

Best,
Peter

--
https://desec.io/