On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 at 12:21, Roy Arends <r...@dnss.ec> wrote:
>8

> > On 20 Jun 2023, at 12:14, Willem Toorop <wil...@nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:
>8

> > I have one nit.
> >
> > In the Example in section 4.2., a request still "includes an empty ENDS0
> > report channel". The third paragraph of that same section states something
> > similar: "As support for DNS error reporting was indicated by a empty EDNS0
> > report channel option in the request". But Section 6.1. Reporting Resolver
> > Specification states: "The EDNS0 report channel option MUST NOT be included
> > in queries."
> >
> > I believe the text in the Example section is a left over from an earlier
> > version and should be corrected.
>
> Ah, yes, I will remove that sentence completely!

WGLC is supposed to be a review, nit-picking and clarification process.

Deleting that one sentence changes the meaning of the proposal from
explicitly querying the authoritative server for the appropriate
report channel to a dependence on authoritatives attaching an
(unsolicited) EDNS0 report channel option to each and every query.

That is a fundamental change to the document, and certainly not a nit-pick.

I withdraw my earlier statement that the document is almost ready.
Now, clearly it is not.

--rwf