It appears that Florian Obser  <florian+i...@narrans.de> said:
>I gave this a once-over.
>3.  Common Pitfalls
>> If the size of the response is large enough that it does not fit into
>> a single DNS UDP packet (UDP being the most common DNS transport
>> today), this may result in fragmentation
>
>That's not correct. If the response does not fit into a single DNS UDP
>packet, it's not a valid response and can't be send.
>
>New: If the size of the response is large enough that it does not fit
>into a single IP packet this may result in fragmentation

That's not right either. If it doesn't fit in a UDP packet, the
response will be truncated and the client will retry over TCP. If the
UDP packet exceeds PMTU, the packet will be fragmented in transit but
there's no simple way to know that at the application level. There's a
reason EDNS0 let the client suggest a packet size limit, and people
have been tuning their use of it since 1999.

The entire discussion of response size seems like a throwback to the
1990s and I would remove it. These days if your DNS doesn't handle
TCP, you already have worse problems, like DNSSEC doesn't work.

R's,
John