Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-error-reporting-07: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-error-reporting/

COMMENT:

# Éric Vyncke, INT AD, comments for draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-error-reporting-07

Thank you for the work put into this document.

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENT points.

Special thanks to Benno Overeinder for the shepherd's detailed write-up
including the WG consensus *but it lacks* the justification of the intended
status.

Other thanks to Carlos Pignataro, the Internet directorate reviewer (at my
request), please consider this int-dir review:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-dnsop-dns-error-reporting-07-intdir-telechat-pignataro-2023-12-09/
(even if only nits were detected)

Other thanks to James Gannon, the DNS directorate reviewer, please consider
this int-dir review:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-dnsop-dns-error-reporting-07-dnsdir-telechat-gannon-2023-12-10/
(and I have read the discussions about James' previous review)

I hope that this review helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

# COMMENTS (non-blocking)

## Abstract

I find it a little sad that this method is only applicable to DNSSEC (as there
could possibly be other errors to be reported for plain DNS). Should this be
mentioned in the abstract ?

In the same vein, should "resolve or" be removed from `that fail to resolve or
validate` ?

## Section 6.1 & 6.3

Suggest to give some hints when the SHOULD in the last paragraph can be
bypassed.