Dear WG,

The working group was asked to adopt draft-bash-rfc7958bis “DNSSEC Trust
Anchor Publication for the Root Zone” as a working group document, and the
call went out on October 12 this year. So far we've seen one support email
on the list, and during the IETF 117 DNSOP WG session the chairs further
indicated that they would like to see adoption of the document.

This document, a bis version, introduces several changes compared to RFC
7958:

     * There is a significant technical change from erratum 5932 <
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5932>. This is stated in the seventh
paragraph of section 2.1.2.

     * Added the optional public key element

     * The reference to the DNSSEC Practice Statement [DPS] has been
updated.

     * Explicitly say that the XML documents may contain XML comments in
them.

The document is important to DNS operators and implementers because it
describes the format and publishing mechanisms that IANA has used to
distribute the DNSSEC trust anchors.

Although the document received positive support during presentations at
IETF 117 and 118, we’ve observed limited support on the mailing list.
Therefore, the chairs seek additional feedback from the working group and
invite your opinion on its suitability for adoption by DNSOP. Please share
your comments on the list, clearly stating your opinion, and indicate if
you are willing to contribute text, review, etc.

The Call for Adoption will conclude next Friday, December 22, 2023.

Tim
for the chairs