On Feb 15, 2024, at 04:37, Petr Špaček <pspa...@isc.org> wrote:

> If you think colliding keys should be allowed, please propose your own limits
> for sensible behavior.

I do think they need to be allowed because they have always been allowed so
far. Reasons for not allowing them seems to be implementation details. Sure, if
the RFCs had warned implementers this wouldn’t have happened, and we can learn
from that (and I gained appreciation and validation for whining about security
and operational consideration sections)

You seem willing to (statistically) throw 1/65536 zones under the bus. That
would roughly be 2500 .com domains if all of .com was signed (without key
sharing)

I don’t see why we should do this.

As for limits, I would say 3 or 4, to account for rare KSK+ZSK keyrollover at
the same time with clashing key tags.

Paul