*** Democracies Online Newswire - http://www.e-democracy.org/do ***

From:                   "WiF E-Newsletter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                Wif E-Newsletter
Date sent:              Tue, 27 Jun 2000 13:27:48 +0100

We are pleased to announce the launch of a new services providing links to
government related web sites around the world.  For more information
please visit http://www.worldinternetforum.com

We are interested in your views on the Virtual World Internet Forum.
Please visit www.worldinternetforum.com/virtual.htm and tell us whether
you think this would be a good feature.  Would you be interested in
exhibiting at the Virtual Exhibition?  Would you be interested in visiting
the Virtual Forum? Please e-mail us at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with your views.

MAJOR UPDATE!

"Helping governments face internet reality"

The internet revolution has been described as the most important addition
to mankind's development and society since Caxton's printing press.  Which
at the time challenged the elite with the spread of knowledge to a much
wider audience without the filter of the church.

The decimation of knowledge and information is the key to our new small
world.  Where news is instant; knowledge has real value and if you do not
keep up with it, you are seriously in trouble.

World Internet Forum recognises that it is this, sharing of knowledge and
information, which will create better conditions for all the worlds'
nations.

To this end, Wif brings together governments and businesses each with
different agendas.

Governments are potentially the biggest markets for internet companies.
The types of services which governments provide to their citizen's make
the net the perfect supply conduit.  Businesses bring their expertise and
products to the table, while governments have much to learn BUT they also
have the knowledge of what they want to provide.

Under developed countries now have a real opportunity to become part of
the global economy, through the use of the internet via wireless telecoms.
 Wif is where they can learn from others experiences and leap frog their
mistakes into the world economy as full partners.

Internet reality is that we all live in one small world where information
and knowledge shared creates benefits and wealth for all mankind.

The Web Site

The Wif site is now also available in French and Spanish, although the
news archive will take a little time to be fully translated.  Please bear
with us.

The site has attracted a great deal of favourable comment since the
relaunch.  It is designed to not only to provide information about the
World Internet Forum, but also to be a site of useful information.

To this end we need your comments on what you like and don't like.
Additional features which would prove useful and how can allow you the
visitor to participate in the functions of Wif.

So feedback please to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Conference Programme

The details of the programme will be posted shortly, but the main themes
to be discussed at the form are:

Health
Education
Social Welfare

A fourth theme e-democracy has emerged as an important area covering a
number of highly emotive issues, including Regulation, Censorship,
Legislation, Access among other topics.

The World Internet Forum is all about voicing the issues, debating the
problems, finding the solutions and creating the vehicle for all the be
heard.  So let's have your views on these themes, so that we get a clear
debate moving.

Internet Projects

An important way our subscribers can help us is to let us know about
interesting projects which involve the use of the internet in the public
sector.  Please bring them to our attention with contact names and e-mail
addresses.

It is important that we hear from companies, national governments and the
end users about the experiences in the provision of services over the
internet.

Governments

We have now contacted over 190 countries including over 80 Heads of State,
plus international organisations.  The feedback has so far shown that Wif
fills a void created by the swiftness of the technological change that the
internet brings.

Call for Papers

May we thank those have submitted papers and ask those who are interested
speaking to contact us ASAP.

^               ^               ^                ^
Steven L. Clift    -    W: http://www.publicus.net
Minneapolis    -   -   -     E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minnesota  -   -   -   -   -    T: +1.612.822.8667
USA    -   -   -   -   -   -   -     ICQ: 13789183

*** Please send submissions to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     ***
*** To subscribe, e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          ***
***         Message body:  SUB DO-WIRE                  ***
*** To unsubscribe instead, write: UNSUB DO-WIRE        ***

*** Please forward this post to others and encourage    ***
*** them to subscribe to the free DO-WIRE service.      ***