*** Democracies Online Newswire - http://www.e-democracy.org/do ***

From:                   Peter Schurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Send reply to:          "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                GenerationNet.org info for DO-wire
Date sent:              Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:01:14 -0400

GenerationNet.org gives young people a voice in shaping the laws that
affect our lives.

Social Entrepreneurship Prize winner, Yale Entrepreneurship Society
business plan competition.

Please consider forwarding the message below to your friends and
appropriate email lists:

---------------------------------------

If you could change any US law or policy, what would it be?
Together we can change anything we choose.

Generation Net (http://www.GenerationNet.org) is a unique new
nonprofit using the Internet to give young people a voice in shaping
the laws that affect our lives.

Young people from around the country are coming together, signing up
as members -- this is critical -- under the site's "Join" link, and
democratically choosing their top priority national issues.  A
financial contribution for membership is optional.

This fall, Generation Net will coordinate a nonpartisan grassroots
advocacy campaign injecting our members' top issues into
Congressional races around the country and challenging politicians to
make a serious commitment to our issues, playing candidates off one
another and working with the news media to generate accountability.

Generation Net's issue survey is unlike any other: if your top issues
aren't on the list, you can add them, and every visitor after you can
choose among yours along with the others.  This way everyone's ideas
have a chance to attract substantial support, without having to be
approved in a back room somewhere.

Spread the word!  The results we can achieve depend on people joining
as members.  This is our chance to make a difference together.
Please email this message to your friends and lists, and join us
today at http://www.GenerationNet.org.

Peter Schurman
Executive Director
GenerationNet.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
415 566 2265
P.O. Box 542
San Francisco, CA 94104-0542

^               ^               ^                ^
Steven L. Clift    -    W: http://www.publicus.net
Minneapolis    -   -   -     E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minnesota  -   -   -   -   -    T: +1.612.822.8667
USA    -   -   -   -   -   -   -     ICQ: 13789183

*** Please send submissions to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     ***
*** To subscribe, e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          ***
***         Message body:  SUB DO-WIRE                  ***
*** To unsubscribe instead, write: UNSUB DO-WIRE        ***

*** Please forward this post to others and encourage    ***
*** them to subscribe to the free DO-WIRE service.      ***