*** Democracies Online Newswire -  http://www.e-democracy.org/do ***
* Future of E-Democracy - http://publicus.net/articles/future.html *

Can I vote for Bill Jones for Governor in California? I don't think so.
:-)  Below is a note apparently from that campaign encouraging me to do
so.

It seems pretty obvious that Bill Jones does use TV-ads despite what his
e-mail says <http://www.billjones.org/Home/HomeList.cfm?c=19>. There
is nothing on his home page stating that he is not responsible for this
unsolicited e-mail. The message below came straight to me twice, but also
the soon to be open Twin Cities Metropolitian Issue Forum. So this
statement at the end is odd:

     Your email was selected off the Internet based on your voter
     demographics. If you would like to be removed from future
     mailings, please click here.
     4419tXdR3-848xDpP0058prOV2-023SzSl617l35

The senders address also bounced a test message:

  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: host smtp-gw-4.msn.com[207.46.181.13]
   said: 550 5.1.1
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] User unknown

It looks like under California's spam laws they don't have to include the
ADV: you often see because they are not selling a good, however I wonder
if their use of MSN may cause them trouble under the California laws
<http://www.spamlaws.com/state/ca1.html>.

I guess Jones did this in December as well
<http://stacks.msnbc.com/news/671170.asp?cp1=1>

Here is something from the La Times on Feb 20, 2002