From:                   Mark Rickard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                Security of Electronic Voting
Date sent:              Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:57:20 +0100

The UK Government's public consultation on e-democracy, launched 16
July,
has now been enhanced by the publication of a study report on e-
voting
security by CESG - the information assurance group within GCHQ (part
of the
UK's security services). Comments are invited by the 31 October (the
same
date as the main consultation), but with a request that suppliers
having an
interest in the next round of UK experiments in e-voting (May 2003)
should
give preliminary views on the practicality of CESG's recommendations
by end
August.

See http://www.edemocracy.gov.uk for the paper and the e-Envoy's
invitation to
comment.

Mark Rickard
Office of the e-Envoy

2. eDemocracy Policy Online Consultation Summary, more

First summary of online comments:
http://www.edemocracy.gov.uk/library/papers/edemsummary1.doc

After my own promotion of the consultation I received this note from
the event facilitator, Stephen Coleman.  I really encourage anyone
with practical and idealist ideas about e-democracy and government
policy/applications/funding _anywhere in the world_ to add to the
event.  Breaking through with innovative ideas or programs in one
country is an important starting point for information age democracy
reforms around the world.
- Steven Clift, DO-WIRE

I have included some of the subject lines from the consultation below