Forwarding to doc@ Comments inline.

----- Original Message -----
From: Dick Groskamp <th.grosk...@quicknet.nl>
To: "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Date: 2022-06-14 14:14
Subject: Re: How to handle design of Guides Updated from version 3.3

Op 14-6-2022 om 19:35 schreef Keith N. McKenna:
> Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>> The first thing I saw as I started reviewing the chapters of the
>> writer guide was Francis' not around the handling of the Title page
>> and other front matter.
>>
>> My first inclination is to remove most of it and treat it as we did
>> the Getting Started Guide and put all that information in the ODM
>> file. What do others think?
>>
>> I will start reviewing the content changes only as we continue this
>> discussion.
>>
>> Regards
>> Keith
> As there has been a flurry of work around problems with generating a
> proper PDF, I will leave this open until 2022-06-17 17:35 UTC. We need
> to consensus if this is the way to proceed.
>
> Regards
> Keith

Maybe we could put that in a separate file ( cover page and frontmatter)
and add that file to the masterdocument.

I did it for the revised masterdocument of the Getting Started guide:
Cover and frontmatter --> then the TOC -->  then the fil;es for the
contents of the guide

--
DiGro

Dick,

My plan if we did this, was to update the AOODoc template and add the
information to it in a generic matter. That is the true beauty of using styles
and templates. This way the the documents all have a consistent look and feel.

The drawback to this is that you really cannot use the .ODM file as the
complete book, as you would have to ship all the files as a complete package
as every time you open the ODM file it wants to update all the links and
documents.

The way around this is to create an ODT file from scratch from the bottom up.

Regards
Keith