Jean Weber wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jun 2022 at 19:42 Keith N. McKenna <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
wrote:

My plan if we did this, was to update the AOODoc template and add the
information to it in a generic matter. That is the true beauty of using
styles
and templates. This way the the documents all have a consistent look and
feel.

The drawback to this is that you really cannot use the .ODM file as the
complete book, as you would have to ship all the files as a complete
package
as every time you open the ODM file it wants to update all the links and
documents.

The way around this is to create an ODT file from scratch from the bottom
up.

Regards
Keith

Here is how I do it.
1. Compile the book using the .odm
2. Save (or export?) the compiled book to .odt
3. Open the .odt
4. Go into Format > Sections and remove all the sections. This embeds all
the sub-documents into the one .odt

Jean

Jean,

Thank you so much, Step 4 is what I was missing when I tried to do it before.

Regards
Keith