Anitti,

I do not know of a specific bugtrack item describing this. However, I do know
that this has been going on for many years. FOP has a table of compatibility
with the FO standard. You may want to check this.

Regards,
Dean Nelson

In a message dated 08/25/10 03:38:31 Pacific Daylight Time,
antti.kara...@napa.fi writes:

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 10:13:47 +0200, Antti Karanta <antti.kara...@napa.fi>
wrote:

>> When I test dbfo-need with fop.0.95 and 1.75.2, I found that it does
>> work in some locations but not others.  In the case of placing a
>> dbfo-need between block elements like para, it works.  But if you put
>> the dbfo-need before a section element, it does not.
>>
>> Regarding the extra space that you noticed, that is the other problem
>> that fop 0.95 has. It does not yet handle the combination of properties
>> (primarily space-after.precedence) that puts the text back where it
>> should start when a dbfo-need is used.  That is a limitation that must
>> await full support for the space-after property in FOP.
>
>    Do you know of any specific issues in the fop bug tracker regarding
> these issues? I'd like to add myself as a CC so I can track the progress.

  Hmm, this last question seems to have gone unnoticed. I bumped into this
issue again so I again came to wonder whether these problems are known to
fop developers? I.e. are there one or more bug reports about these in fop
bug tracker? I could not find any but that may be just due to not choosing
the right words to search with.

     ::Antti::