Hello, thanks for your suggestion.

This is what I tried after I found user.footer.content only gets used when
chunking.

Trouble is, I can insert the file in the HTML following the instructions you
cite.

But either I get effectively "<script>" etc. in the HTML, using
<xinclude:include href="ga.txt" parse="text" />.
Or the HTML is okay but the build breaks generating PDF with <xinclude:include
href="ga.txt" />, because the FO specification has never heard of <script>
elements.

Regards,
Mark

--