Hello,

What is the right way with the 1.78.1 stylesheets to color only internal
links in FO?

I'd like to deactivate external olinks in PDF output with
activate.external.olinks, and then leave external links the same color as
surrounding text, but keep color on internal links (and URLs) because
without visual cues it can be difficult to notice that they're active.

At present I'm using the following customization, loosely based on
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/OlinkFormatting.html:

  <xsl:attribute-set name="xref.properties">
    <xsl:attribute name="color">#47a</xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:attribute-set>

This makes all the links blue... unfortunately including deactivated
external olinks.

I have tried setting olink.properties, too, with #000 as the color, but I
still see blue text in the PDF output for all links, including deactivated
external links.

Asking authors to add more attributes to external links is something I'd
like to avoid.

Thanks in advance for your time and your help.

Regards,
Mark