Dear all,

in the past few months I established a small and ordinary tool chain with
XMLSpy, XSLT and FOP. Setting up the tool chain (on Windows) was not too hard,
although I had also some difficulties. But at the "end" I wouldn't call this a
torture. I customized pretty much in the XSL-Stylesheets by now to get our CI
running. Therefore I had a lot of (mental) work in following the logical chains
within the myriads of templates, parameters and so on. That was somewhat
painful and I tried some times to understand the stylesheet structures with
flow diagrams on paper.

I appreciate the great work by Bob with his book to let us understand the
stylesheets better. Nevertheless I wish I had something like a graphical
representation of the stylesheet structure, i.e. by means of block/flow
diagrams. I am even not sure if this was possible to do or demanded by the
majority. Reason for my concern is that one will get an overview with time and
things become clear after a while automatically. And for most technical writers
customization is only one early step, which is done only once at the beginning
of a project.

Another point of view is profiling. I use profiling very extensively at the
moment. Today, as the number of XML files increased and content grew, I am
faced with (content) complexity management, version/revision control and
referencing (XIncludes). For those three points I have strong personal demand
for some kind of CMS. Hints are very welcome from those who have already DB
specific CMS in use. Maybe it's time for me to create my own Eclipse based tool
to handle those points. But maybe there already are plugins for that.

regards,
Ben