I've been working on reusing content in the doc set I work on. The guides
are in a single WebHelp.

- Using DocBook 5
- Output generated using the Maven docbkx plugin

As pointed out in the DocBook XSL guide, if you reuse content that has an
identifier, then in the WebHelp output, the TOC generates the correct
links. However, because those links all point to the same file, when you
click any of those TOC links, the TOC selection bounces to the "first"
instance. For example, you click a link in the Install Guide, and the TOC
bounces to the entry in the Admin Guide.

To avoid the TOC "bouncing", the DocBook XSL reference included a suggested
customization to have the generation process append numbers to subsequent
instances:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/DuplicateIDs.html#ModifyIdValues

I tried adding the template from this section to both *custom-docbook.xsl*
(the main DocBook customization) and *docbook-webhelp.xsl* (the WebHelp
customization), but it didn't have any affect in either place.

Am I putting the customization in the wrong place? Is there something else
I'm missing?

Thanks,

Janice