I tried adding the customization to common.xsl, but it's still not doing
what I expect. I'm not sure if my expectations are off or it's just not
working correctly.

It isn't generating separate HTML topic files with distinct names for
duplicated sections. However, the section and bridgehead IDs in the HTML
files all have "1" appended.

For example, I Xinclude the same chapter file (chapter ID
adm-modify-cluster) into two different books. The chapter contains two
sections (IDs modify-cluster-prep-new-nodes and
modify-cluster-using-script). The WebHelp is configured to generate a new
topic file for each section.

With the customization in place, I would expect six topic files to be
generated.

For the first book that uses the chapter:
- adm-modify-cluster.html
- modify-cluster-prep-new-nodes.html
- modify-cluster-using-script.html

For the second book that uses the chapter:
- adm-modify-cluster1.html
- modify-cluster-prep-new-nodes1.html
- modify-cluster-using-script1.html

Within the second set of files, the IDs would also have the appended 1.

This would prevent the "bouncing" in the WebHelp TOC.

However, with the customization, I'm still getting just one set of files:

- adm-modify-cluster.html
- modify-cluster-prep-new-nodes.html
- modify-cluster-using-script.html

Within the single set of files, all of the IDs have 1 appended.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Janice

--