  From: Nic Gibson
  To: docbook
  Cc: Bob Stayton
  Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 9:07 AM
  Subject: Re: bibliomixed and extendedlink

  As Bob Stayton has just been kind enough to point out I've managed to make no
sense here.
  Please read this as:

  I've just been looking at some XML coming in from a typesetter and noticed
some misuse of <extendedlink> elements. Looking at what they were trying to do
led me to suspect they should have been using a simple <link> element. Of
course, these aren't allowed within bibliomixed elements.

  So, is there a particular reason why <extendedlink> is allowed within
<bibliomixed> when <link> isn't?

  yours in a vaguely embarrassed manner

  nic

    I've just been looking at some XML coming in from a typesetter and noticed
some misuse of <extendedlink> elements. Looking at what they were trying to do
led me to suspect they should have been using a simple <link> element. Of
course, these aren't allowed within bibliomisc elements.

    So, is there a particular reason why <extendedlink> is allowed within
<bibliomisc> when <link> isn't?

    cheers

    nic

    --