On Sat, 2010-11-06, Graham Lauder wrote:

> Frankly I see no reason why we don't use OOoAuthors as the place to produce
> documentation.  The software in general will be the same with minor
> differences.  The challenge for the LibreO team will be keeping track of and
> documenting those differences.  OOoAuthors is not part of OOo it is an
> independent group that happens to contribute to the OOo documentation
> project.
> Any fork or version based on the OOo source could use the OOoAuthors Manuals.
> [...]
> To me, the most productive thing people could do is join the OOoAuthors team
> and contribute there, then take the product and edit and add to suit for
> LibreO.  For instance pdf import is installed by default, a chapter for that
> or standard extensions would have to be added and so on.

I'll add that using the OOoAuthors website to produce LibO docs does NOT
mean that the LibO docs team is required to follow the procedures we use
for producing OOo docs. Indeed, I think some of the native-language
groups using the website follow slightly different processes from those
used by the English-docs team.

Also there is nothing to prevent the LibO docs team from switching (if
they choose to) from using the OOoAuthors website to using the Document
Foundation's site when it's up and running, doc procedures tested, and
so on.

IMO the team should use the most efficient methods available now to get
out the first release of user guides ASAP, and then refine methods as we
go along. Same for fonts and other issues like whether or not to use
heading numbering. With a properly set up template, fonts and heading
numbering and other changes can be made quickly and easily at any time.

E-mail to documentation+h...@libreoffice.org for instructions on how to