Hi Rogerio, :-)

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 20:02, Rogerio Luz Coelho <luz.roge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Afresco seems great, but for the BIG PROJECTS with loads of contributors, we
> at the BrOffice Magazine use a synced Dropbox Folder to do our work (we are
> currently 4-5 contributors actively translating BrOffice Magazine to
> English) and I think if the group is not that big Afresco is kind of
> overwhelming.

Frankly, I'm hoping that we're going to became a *somewhat bigger*
team - certainly big enough to seriously envision developing and
maintaining a pretty comprehensive user docs and developer docs
library. Most of all, I want to see docs become a very *active* and
*collaborative* team.

I use Dropbox myself, and it's a great tool. I hadn't thought of it as
a possible tool for the LibreOffice docs team, but I will keep your
words in mind when I start getting properly into Alfresco in the early
days of the New Year. Although it doesn't have the workflow
development capabilities that could be useful... Like you say, Dropbox
is a very simple and practical tool for a small team with good
communication and cooperation habits.

Right now, I see Alfresco as something with much more potential, plus
it has the plugin for OOo/LibO that allows more-direct integration
into the suite. That could give us the ability to develop a
sophisticated workflow control while making the contributor's hands-on
experience quite simple and transparent.

In any case, I'm looking forward to taking a few chapters of the
Writer Guide or developing some chapters of a Calc or Impress guide,
so that we can properly see Alfresco in action.

> PS: Seems there were 2 accounts created for me? rogeriocoelho and
> rogerioluzcoelho, I am using only rogerioluzcoelho :)

Yes, I hadn't seen that Hal already dealt with it. ;-) I deleted the
account I created.

David Nelson