From: Sophie Gautier <gautier.sop...@gmail.com>
To: documentation@libreoffice.org
Sent: Mon, 10 January, 2011 5:52:32
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Dialog or dialog box?

Hi Hal,
On 10/01/2011 04:43, Hal Parker wrote:
> Are we using the term "dialog" or "dialog box"? The OOo books vary in usage:
> Getting Started and Calc (and maybe Draw; I didn't check) use "dialog" while
> the Writer Guide uses "dialog box".
>
> The LibreOffice options use the term "dialog" for some of the options. I
> haven't checked the help, but I think it also uses "dialog".
>
> If we settle on "dialog", I will amend the Writer Guide chapters as I go
> through them doing other things.
>
> FWIW, I personally prefer "dialog" but the important thing is to be
> consistent, when we can. I suspect other variations in terminology in both
> the program and the user guides, left over from OOo.

If you want to stay consistent with the help files content, then you should use
[dialog] because this is what is used all over there.
May be we should find a way for you to use our translation memory or glossaries
so you get the same words for the UI, the Help and your documentation? This is
what we try to achieve with our translation tools. Or just let you research for
the terms on Pootle would be enough, I don't know?

Kind regards
Sophie
-- Founding member of The Document Foundation