On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 6:43 PM, David Nelson <comme...@traduction.biz>wrote:

> Hi Hal, :-)
>
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 11:38, Hal Parker <halparke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The one thing I am definitely NOT doing is changing the borders and the
> row
> > colours in tables of data. Now that the OOo books have their tables in
> > black, white, and gray, I can't see the need for taking the time to
> change
> > them to a slightly different pattern of black, white, and gray.
>
> IMHO, you're absolutely right. Surely it's not an important branding
> issue. I don't think we have to get pedantic about things, especially
> when it involves a lot of work of secondary priority.
>
> This coming week, I'll start helping you out, and will post at that
> time to liaise with you about where I should jump in.

Actually there are a bunch of time-consuming changes to be made, which I
don't think are worth the effort at this point, but since they've been done
in at least half the Writer Guide chapters (as well as all of the Getting
Started guide), I can't really see avoiding doing them. And perhaps there
are ways to automate (or semi-automate) more of the changes, using macros or
table autoformats or something, which I haven't spent time figuring out.

We could discuss whether to spend the time on those items when working on
the first version of the other books, but OTOH debating stuff takes time
that could be spent getting real work done.

Note: I don't have any objection to the changes as such, just the timing of
them.

Hal