On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 3:22 AM, David Nelson <comme...@traduction.biz>wrote:

> Hi, :-)
>
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 19:51, Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The plan for the OOo docs is to put common material into files which
> > are then linked into the chapters in various books, so any edits would
> > be done in one place but the material appears in several places. This
> > plan has not been implemented yet. Would be good if the LibO team did
> > so.
>
> This sounds like the best approach to me.
>
> David Nelson

How would this work in practice on the Alfresco site? Where would the common
files be stored, and (more importantly) how would they be referenced in the
linked sections? And how would that work when someone has downloaded a file
(containing those linked sections) to work on?

I think I know how to do this with files stored on the ODFAuthors site,
which has a fairly straightforward directory hierarchy that I can duplicate
on my computer, but I'm not at all sure about Alfresco.

Hal