On 2/18/2011 2:08 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)

Most documentation just confuses people so copying what they use probably wont
help us.  If we are going to look at documentation then a community edited one
would be better, such as Ubuntu's but it would need to be regularly edited
bynoobs rather than by geeks so perhaps Ubuntu's might be the best one to look
at.  Documentation for Windows apps tends to be the most confusing documentation
for most people.

"Greyed out" is a very geeky term.  Admittedly low-level geeks but still not an
average user. "Check" is kinda American.  In English it tends to mean a method
of payment or "to stop and look around" or as described.  Tick the option might
be a good way to say it but "UNtick" confuses people.  Select means to to choose
and that seems to make sense to people.

Regards from
Tom :)

There seems to have been a decision long ago to use US-English terminology and spelling in the English documents. "Tick" is not used in the USA, except when talking about the blood-sucking insect! I think "not available" is fine instead of "grayed out" but not often needed anyway.