Another "good news" is that David is okay. I don't pay much attention
to news or weather reports from the Philippines, but I was beginning
to wonder if some natural or political disaster had caused something
more awful than a borked Alfresco installation. Too many earthquakes,
cyclones and whatnot have been going on in the western Pacific lately.

Earlier, I wrote:
> I am such a packrat that I probably have copies of the latest iteration
> of every English-language chapter of the LibreOffice user guides [...]
> So if you're unable to recover them from backup, we can probably
> replace them without too much drama after the folder hierarchy
> is rebuilt and our user accounts are recreated.

I realise that won't bring back the earlier versions of the files.
For OOo I have copies of all the older files as well, but as I've not
been actively working on LibO docs, I haven't done that.