From: Jeremy Cartwright <vardomes...@gmail.com>
To: documentation@libreoffice.org
Sent: Mon, 18 April, 2011 19:52:13
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] I'm working on Calc Guide

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 19:24:44 -0300
Rogerio Luz Coelho <luz.roge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hal ... I still am not confident to start working on these chapter
> until a formal workflow develops,
> >
> > Haven't heard from anyone else. Is anyone doing anything on the
> > other books?
> >
> > Hal

I agree with Rogerio. And in light of the subject matter of this link
http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2011/04/oracle-gives-up-on-ooo-after-community-forks-the-project.ars?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

I wonder in which direction the community will go.

Personally I joined LibreOffice because I felt it necessary to promote
a competitive free and open source office suite. I thought the only way
I could be of service was to join the Documenters. Once I realized
that's not just writing I've tried to work into a coordinating
position while I learn more about the craft.

Since I've begun with LibreOffice, there seems to be a split between
the n00bs who joined on with LibreOffice and the old-schoolers who
have been up and down since StarOffice, and what is the best way to work
toward LibreOffice documentation.

I just want to see one big happy family working in a coordinated way.
In light of the recent developments at Oracle, and the perhaps timely
personal disaster we have experienced with our Alfresco workflow being
reset, I wonder in which direction the community will go.

Is Jean Hollis Weber willing/able to modify her accepted plone setup to
not rely so much on OpenOffice.org workflow and getting started
documentation? Is David Nelson going to re-emerge as the driving force
behind Alfresco? Is there going to be some consensus reached as to what
is the real and proper way to document LibreOffice? I wonder in which
direction the community will go.

If a leader emerges, I will follow. If one doesn't emerge... we need
a leader.

tl;dr Wat Do?

-- jdc