Hi, :-)

>> Since I've begun with LibreOffice, there seems to be a split between
>> the n00bs who joined on with LibreOffice and the old-schoolers who
>> have been up and down since StarOffice, and what is the best way to work
>> toward LibreOffice documentation.
>>
>> I just want to see one big happy family working in a coordinated way.
>> In light of the recent developments at Oracle, and the perhaps timely
>> personal disaster we have experienced with our Alfresco workflow being
>> reset, I wonder in which direction the community will go.
>>
>> Is Jean Hollis Weber willing/able to modify her accepted plone setup to
>> not rely so much on OpenOffice.org workflow and getting started
>> documentation? Is David Nelson going to re-emerge as the driving force
>> behind Alfresco? Is there going to be some consensus reached as to what
>> is the real and proper way to document LibreOffice? I wonder in which
>> direction the community will go.
>>
>> If a leader emerges, I will follow. If one doesn't emerge... we need
>> a leader.

I'm still around, but have been taken up by daily life for the past month.

However, I get mail notifications of document additions, edits and
updates on Alfresco (these will be sent to a dedicated public mailing
list as soon as the notification templates are configured to contain
more-useful information than at present).

I now have a lot more time again. Personally, I plan to focus on
configuring and developing the Alfresco platform as my first task,
working from suggestions and discussion from the English docs team and
interested localization people.

Alfresco has many potentials as a working tool, for documentation
work, for localization work, and for other areas of the LibreOffice
project / TDF organization too. I continue to see it as an ideal tool
for LibreOffice documentation, and want to get the Alfresco project
involved in helping us get the most out of it quickly. I probably need
to do more communication about Alfresco to the LibreOffice lists, so
that people get a better understanding of what it can be used for.

But, obviously, no-one is obliged to use Alfresco if they have other
preferred tools and methods.

In any case, I'll post again soon with more Alfresco news and ideas.

As regards LibreOffice English/localized documentation, whatever
platform is used for docs team work, we recently discussed the need to
finalize a document reference system. Notably it needs to be platform
independent (fields contained in document meta data, for instance).
That would be something we should do pretty urgently, IMHO.

David Nelson