Hi Andrew, :-)

>> I'd also like to look into doing some templates for LibreOffice - is this
>> part of the documentation process?

You will find that the Design team is interested in templates, and are
notably working on templates for Impress. You could subscribe to this
list at: design+subscr...@libreoffice.org

>> Jean, I believe I need to ask you for an Alfresco account to access the SVN
>> repository, if so, could I please have access to this?

Jean has created a user account for you on the Alfresco platform.
Alfresco is actually quite different to SVN, but I can send you some
documentation if you are interested in getting a better feel for it.

HTH.

David Nelson