Hi,

I'm advancing with preparing the new Alfresco. I have a fresh
installation of 3.4.d running on a new, dedicated server with 8Gb
memory. It's running on a fresh installation of Ubuntu 11.04. The
performances are even better than before.

The previously-existing problems have been resolved: it's now possible
to use accented characters in folder names under Share, and there is
now no problem uploading .odt files under Share.

My plan is to manually copy across all our data from the existing
Alfresco, so as not to accidentally migrate the previously-existing
problems. I'll be posting back about that before proceeding, so as to
negotiate a freeze on work for a 24-hour period.

I expect to get this finished by early to middle of next week, i.e.
around September 15 at latest. Then there will be a transparent
rollover after prior warning on the list.

After that, my focus will be on the documentation production workflow
on Alfresco, and on bringing the Drupal-powered public browser
front-end at http://media.libreoffice.org to operational status. I'll
be posting back with more news/ideas about that once the rollover has
been completed.

In parallel with the work on workflow, I'll be updating the Alfresco
coverage in the contributor's guide so that new team members can get
started more easily.

All the above is taking a little time as I'm also extremely busy on a
big client project. But we are getting there steadily.

So, more news fairly soon.

--
David Nelson