On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Hazel Russman
<hazeldeb...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I have put a copy of this in the feedback folder on the ODF site. It contains
> Mark's comments on content and a lot of small stylistic changes by me.
>
> As a general comment, I don't agree with Dan's use of "DBMS" and "RDBMS", as
> I think these terms should refer to software (such as Base), not to data. My
> preferred terms are "database" and "relational database"

>From a CS point of view at least, you are right.  DBMS (DataBase
Management System) / RDBMS
(Relational DataBase Management System) are terms that refer to the
software that manages
databases, while "database" is meant to refer to the data that is being managed.

RDBMS would be your HSQLDB, MySQL, Sqlite or whatever.

I don't think "Base" should be described as a RDBMS though, it is just
a frontend to several of
them.

Cheers,
Pantelis