Hi, Jean, Sanket, guys,

If you have time, I would just like to start a brainstorming about the
docs team workflow, as it is now and how it might be if Alfresco was
the primary working platform.

For this, I have downloaded Alfresco documentation from the Alfresco
project about "generic" use of Alfresco Share (Share is what is
installed and operating at http://alfresco.libreoffice.org). At the
same time I also downloaded the Alfresco project's Alfresco
administration guide.

I have posted these on the LibreOffice Alfresco platform in a folder
at Repository> English> Community> Alfresco Documentation.

These documents are not ideally suitable for offering to new docs team
contributors and Alfresco admins, as they don't address the particular
context of the LibreOffice project as such, and because they contain
information that is really surplus to the needs of those audiences.
But they can provide an excellent jumping-off point, and some of the
material can be used in adapted form in guides that fit the
LibreOffice project's specific needs.

Might I suggest that you take a look? In particular, the "Getting
Started with Alfresco Share Collaboration" manual would be
particularly relevant to Jean and docs team workers. The "Alfresco
Enterprise 4.0.2 Administrator's Guide" would be of particular
interest to Sanket and other admins. The "Alfresco Web Quick Start
User Help" gives an idea of what Alfresco admins and LibreOffice team
leaders could possibly build for individual teams; but the first two
mentioned guides are probably of the most interest.

In addition, there's another useful resource online at
http://docs.alfresco.com/4.0/index.jsp that sometimes duplicates
what's in the .pdf guides above but that also contains coverage of a
few aspects not to be found in the guides.

Jean, guys, I was wondering if you'd be willing to start a discussion
about what your ideal workflow is/would be?

Cedric Bosdonnat, I was wondering if you might give us an idea of the
progress with CMIS support within LibreOffice? I'm curious about this
as it could have a big impact on how team workers would interact with
the Alfresco platform, i.e. via their local LibreOffice software
rather than via the http://alfresco.libreoffice.org site.

The end result after this brainstorming should be that we have some
kind of outline that can be used for an Alfresco section in the docs
team contributor's guide.

--
David Nelson