Hi Kevin,

there was a similar problem last month although this related to the "function" key. The solution here was to tweak the bios (as you do on a Sunday afternoon when you have nothing better to do :)

I'll include the link anyway should you want to read thru'

Cheers

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/shortcut-keys-for-LibreOffice-under-Linux-td4118537.html